Metronom ME 146 Loco Add-On
Requires the base game Train Simulator 2014 on Steam in order to play.
Release Date: 15 Aug 2013
About the GameThe distinctive Metronom ME 146 is a great add-on for Train Simulator players looking to expand their fleet of German passenger trains, complete with matching double-deck (Doppelstockwagen) coaches and driveable cab car (Steuerwagen).
Built by Bombardier between 2004 and 2011, the ME 146 is a member of the Traxx family of electric locomotives, classified by the company as 146.2s. The design of the locomotive was based on the BR 185 operated by Deutsche Bahn.
Metronom operates private passenger services out of Hamburg Hauptbahnhof across northern Germany, with express passenger trains denoted with ‘ME’ and regional stopping services designated as ‘MEr’ (Metronom Regional). A top speed of 160km/h (99mph) makes the ME 146 an ideal locomotive to operate the company’s express passenger services.
The ME 146 for Train Simulator is available in Metronom’s striking blue and yellow livery and features AFB train power control, SIFA control system, PZB and LZB signalling systems and passenger view. Also included are matching double-deck Bombardier coaches (Doppelstockwagen) and a driveable cab car (Steuerwagen) for push/pull operation.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Metronom ME 146 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
ScenariosThree scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- An Introduction to the Metronom ME 146
- A Midsummer’s Night on the Metronom
- The Early Morning Commuter to Hamburg
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- ME 146 in Metronom blue and yellow livery
- AFB train power control
- SIFA control system
- PZB and LZB signalling systems
- Passenger view
- Double-deck Bombardier coaches (Doppelstockwagen)
- Driveable cab car (Steuerwagen)
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- Download size: 141mb
- OS: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos