Empire: Total War™
Command the seas, control the land, forge a new nation, and conquer the globe.
Release Date: 4 Mar 2009
About the GameMarch 31, 2010 - Update
Update 1.6 for Empire: Total War is available today. The update introduces a large number of revisions to the Artificial Intelligence in real time battles. Amongst many other improvements, the Battle A.I. now maintains its lines more rigorously, has better army movement and engages in melee more tactically. It is also better at protecting its own advance and engaging opponents with flanking attacks.
October 5, 2009 - Update
Performance and other general improvements to Empire: Total War have just been released, in conjunction with the new Warpath Campaign DLC. Read on for a full list of features included with this update.
September 22, 2009 - Update
This update, now available on Steam, adds two new historical battles: Battle of Rossbach and Battle of Fontenoy. Both are available in single player and multiplayer game modes. Read on for a full list of features included with this update.
June 22, 2009 - Update
Empire is expanding. With its latest update now available on Steam, Empire: Total War adds 14 free new units along with numerous updates and game enhancements. Read on for a full list of features included with this update.
- Supported OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® or greater or AMD® Athlon® equivalent CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP,) 2 GB RAM (Vista™)
- Graphics: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible hardware accelerated video card with shader version 2.0 support, 256 MB video memory
- Display: Minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Sound: Directx9.0c compatible sound card
- Hard Drive: 15 GB free hard disk space formatted as NTFS
- Peripherals: Windows compatible mouse and keyboard