Edge of Space
Players suit up as an Operative of the Ark Corporation (ArkCo), deployed into the deepest, darkest, and most dangerous part of the universe. Fight at the edge of space against an array of creative horrors including cybernetically-enhanced laser space sharks or artillery-toting polar bears - and those are not even the strangest...
Release Date: 29 Jun 2013
About the GamePlayers suit up as an Operative of the Ark Corporation (ArkCo), deployed into the deepest, darkest, and most dangerous part of the universe. Fight at the edge of space against an array of creative horrors including cybernetically-enhanced laser space sharks or artillery-toting polar bears - and those are not even the strangest monstrosities to encounter!
You must terraform the entire world, craft armor, weapons, kits, and vehicles to help you explore and conquer. Starting only with a laser pick and the gear from your pod you must immediately start gathering resources to survive. At the absolute edge of space you will adapt or die! Good luck ArkCo Operative!
Key Features (Launch Version)
- Open World – Dynamically-generated 2D sandbox set in the deepest recesses of space.
- Insane Creatures – Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser space sharks.
- Cooperative Exploration – Engrossing gameplay, built from the ground up, to support multiplayer focusing on cooperative exploration and combat with team-based tactics.
- Command Center Management – Establish your central base of operation by creating the ultimate Command Center customized with defensive turrets, hangers and repair drones.
- PIOS (Power Input Output Systems) – A simple drag and drop tool, letting you design electrical systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as creating your own logic gates.
- Deep Exploration – Master the navigation of extraterrestrial hideaways and randomly generated caverns. Explore wormhole anomalies to discover valuable resources and other rare phenomenon.
- Exposure – Environmental effect you must protect yourself from by changing the environment or gearing up to handle it
- Loads of Armor – Ranging from stat boosting battle armor to quirky vanity costumes, craft armor to survive the changing environmental conditions and threatening mutated monsters
- Weapons – Create a wide-variety of dynamically generated weapons ranging from guided rocket launchers to Experimental Gauss Rifles and discover new advanced weaponry to expand your arsenal.
- Pets – Create and collect pets that assist you on your epic exploration of space by granting defensive, offensive, or exploration perks.
- Anomalies - Random world events both dangerous and helpful
- Advanced Crafting System - Using the power of science, craft advanced technology for weapons, gear and base constructions from basic resources
- Vehicles - Craft items from hover boards to massive mechs to safely explore the dangerous world
- Terraforming - Conquer space by turning the land into a livable habitat
- Continual Support – Post-launch updates will regularly bring new content
(Many features listed above are currently in the game but since we are still in Early Access some will be added in the future. Vehicles and Terraforming are among them.)
- OS:Windows 7
- Processor:2.9 ghz or higher
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB Video memory
- Hard Drive:900 MB HD space
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection